Search This Blog

Friday, October 5, 2007

Dealing with rough / tough colleagues

Hi folks,
Here are some tips I learnt as a coordinator for Mainframe Migration of Sales Audit:

1. To decently enforce yourself while writing an email use funny language such as:

a.
[soapbox on]
your nasty thoughts
[soapbox off]

b. Tell clearly:
"Now I guess I would have to be the bad guy, and come out and say wont be possible."

2. When someone fails to understand your point repeatedly - tell him/her:
"I understand your point, but please give me a minute to explain my side of this explanation .... "

3. when some one repeatedly fails to do something:
"...it has occurred to me that I haven't told you, the next time you refuse to answer questions; I'll have to ask our boss to help get the information". (This makes it clear you speak softly, not nicely and carry big consequences)

4. Lastly and most important.
Nothing in life really matters. Projects come and go and you are released from the project, all in the sake of your own career growth, and then moved to a project with higher challenges, better visibility and more growth opportunities [read: kicked out, or thrown away, discarded - like a house-fly from a glass of milk as soon as you are not required]. Oh does that sound like something very familiar , Well welcome to the the IT world !.

Bottom-line: Just learn to chill and relax... yeah I am still learning, or I wouldn't have been writing all this myself !!

No comments: